The Government of Punjab started a scheme in 2020 under the Ehsaas Program for old people who are dependent on others for their needs and support. This scheme was named the Ba Himmat Buzurg Program. This program is for the social welfare of elderly citizens who are living under the poverty line and cannot meet their financial and physical needs.
The government has started many programs for the welfare of the elderly, and different departments are handling them but the money was not reaching them. So government launched the program and started distributing amounts to the elderly themselves. This program is designed with the following objectives:
Also Read: Kamyab Jawan Program
Eligibility Criteria For Ba Himmat Buzurg Program
The government of Pakistan has granted three billion rupees for the welfare of old citizens. 2000 RS is given to the individual as a social pension to Buzurg people to fulfill their needs such as food, medical, and clothes. For this program, special criteria are set by the program for applicants.
- Individuals 65 years and above 65 years are eligible for this program.
- Elderly women are more beneficial in this program. Because the elderly woman in the house is eligible for the program, in case the woman is not available/dead then the men of the house are eligible for the program.
Registration Process for Ba-Himmat Buzurg Program
The government of Pakistan makes the process of registration easier for individuals. Now old citizens can easily apply for the program without wasting time or visiting different offices. The online registration process ensures the accessibility of the program who are senior citizens are eligible for this program.
Step-by-step procedure of online registration:
- Visit the official website of the Ba-Himmat program.
- Now applicant should create an account on the website.
- Now fill in all the required information like, personal details, name, age, address, and CNIC.
- Now submit documents like a birth certificate for proof of age and income to check if you are eligible or not.
- Once your application is submitted, you’ll receive a number for future reference.
How to check the Payment Status?
After the registration process, an applicant can easily check their payment status through the web portal. Applicants should log in to their accounts and if they are eligible so they can track their payment status. The web portal also provides information about the amount and recurrence of payment.
Bahimmat Buzurg Card:
The government of Pakistan has launched the Bahimmat Buzurg card to facilitate or empower senior citizens. Senior citizens who are eligible for this program can easily have their amount and now they don’t need to face any difficulty in having their amount through the program. Through this card, the chances of corruption become less. Applicant can easily withdraw their amount from the nearest branch of an ATM or can check their balance through a card. Applicants can also use these cards for cashless shopping like grocery, food, and other items.
Also Read: Ehsaas Kafalat Program
How to withdraw money from Bahimmat Buzurg Card
Easy procedure for withdrawal of money that you receive through the Buzurg program:
- First of all, go to the nearest ATM from you.
- Insert the ATM card into the ATM machine.
- Enter your PIN code, and select the withdrawal option.
- Select the amount of money you want.
- Take the cash and card back from the ATM machine.
This Program aims to increase the value of senior citizens and empower them. This program aims to fulfill the financial and physical needs and social security of elderly citizens by providing them with a social pension. This program also helps to remove the gap between social activities and elderly citizens who are living under the poverty line